Date Posted: 04-15-19
Position/Title: Economic Development Program Manager
Organization: City of Middletown, Ohio
The City of Middletown’s Economic Development Department is seeking a self-motivated professional to serve as Economic Development Program Manager. This position is responsible for assisting the Economic Development Director in coordinating efforts to enhance and diversify the economic base of the City of Middletown through the retention and expansion of existing businesses, and the attraction and development of new businesses. Candidates should have a good understanding of economic development incentive programs, marketing, and event coordination. Candidate should be proficient in various software programs, database management and GIS. Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Community Development, Planning, or equivalent experience; and 1-3 years of relevant experience. Starting salary: $60,591 to $66,898 annually plus excellent benefits package. For a full position description, please visit our website at www.cityofmiddletown.org. Please send resume, work-related references, and salary history to Human Resources, City of Middletown, One Donham Plaza, Middletown, Ohio 45042 or by email to email@example.com or fax to 513-425-7929. Resumes must be received by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 3, 2019. EOE/Drug-free Workplace.
Date Posted: 04-09-19
Position/Title: Economic Development Director
Organization: City of West Fargo, ND
Date Posted: 03-22-19
Position/Title: Director of Business Attraction
Organization: Greater Peoria EDC
Become a vital part of the economic future of Greater Peoria. The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council (GPEDC) is seeking a Director of Business Attraction to advance job growth strategies and efforts for a five-county region in Central Illinois. GPEDC spearheads community-led efforts to retain, attract, grow, and create new businesses, harnesses the advantages of our rural and urban assets, and develops a world-class workforce. GPEDC is a strong collaboration of business and elected leaders and partners with a wide range of stakeholders across the region with the sole goal of driving economic vitality.
If you’re ready to get to work, we’re ready to hear from you. To be successful in this role one must build and maintain strong relationships with business and community leaders, the commercial real estate development community, site selection consultants and strategic partners in the region’s industries. An existing knowledge and aptitude in one or more industry verticals (especially manufacturing, health care or agriculture) will be a strong advantage, as well as an existing network of national brokers, site selectors, developers, real estate investment trusts and other key individuals.
You will be responsible for:
– Advancing the business investment and job creation goals of GPEDC by identifying and assisting companies in relocating or expanding into the region.
– Identifying business opportunities and prospects by evaluating the market and industry trends; researching and analyzing competitive options for expansion or relocation to the region.
– Developing and implementing marketing strategies that promote the assets of Greater Peoria and support business attraction efforts.
– Managing and directing the development of leads, proposals and site visits locally and globally.
– Functioning as a liaison between clients and local economic development and real estate professionals, as well as regional partners for a seamless experience.
– Coordinating outreach with site location consultants, foreign consulates, corporate real estate professionals and other key individuals locally and nationally.
– Working with the Director of Business Assistance to identify business development opportunities that emerge through existing business networks, suppliers, or purchasing needs.
– Promoting and marketing the region through trade shows, conferences, market visits and other assignments as deemed appropriate. Conducting out-of-state and international marketing visits to develop relationships potential targets and strategic partners. (Estimate of 30% of time travelling.)
– Coordinating RFI/RFP responses.
– Developing and maintaining accurate information and regional data, including real estate availability.
We need you to have:
– 5+ years of professional experience in economic and/or business development, site selection, real estate, or corporate business.
– Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, economics, real estate, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred. Relevant professional certification (EDI, EDFP, CEcD) is a plus.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills to present to groups and/or business executives.
– Experience formulating and implementing marketing and business attraction strategies and strategic plans.
– Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship between businesses, public officials and the public.
– Fluency with social media management, digital marketing tools, data collection, community management, PR, branding and content strategy.
– Comfort working in a fast paced environment and doing hands-on work in a growing organization.
– Exceptional team-orientation and communication skills.
– A self-motivated, continuous learning approach.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Position open until filled with goal of new Director in place on or before May 20, 2019. Send cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements to Melissa Oliveri, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Greater Peoria EDC
Attn: Hiring Committee
401 NE Jefferson
Peoria, IL 61603
Greater Peoria EDC is an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: 03-20-19
Position/Title: President/Chief Executive Officer
Organization: Bloomington - Normal Economic Development Council
The Board of Directors of the Bloomington-Normal Economic Development Council (BNEDC) is seeking an experienced, talented, and inspirational leader, with a proven record of success, to become the next President / CEO of the organization.
Located in Normal, Illinois, the BNEDC was formed in 2004 to coordinate and lead all major economic development initiatives in Bloomington, Normal and McLean County. The EDC’s nearly $1 million annual operating budget is underpinned by financial support from a large mix of private and public organizations along with program revenue. The BNEDC is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors consisting of community leaders representing large and small businesses, labor, education, health care and local government. The 501(c)(6) organization has five authorized full-time employees.
The EDC Board provides the President / CEO with far-reaching authority over the day to day operation of the organization. The CEO is a high-profile position within the Bloomington-Normal community regularly engaging with community leaders and representing the region with state and federal officials.
The Bloomington, Normal and McLean County community is widely regarded as a dynamic and forward-thinking region that offers its residents a quality of life that rivals any of its peer communities throughout the country. It has a robust and diverse economic base buttressed by major national corporations including State Farm Insurance, Country Financial, Beer Nuts, and most recently, Rivian Automotive. It also is home to two prestigious universities, Illinois State and Illinois Wesleyan, along with Heartland Community College. The community is also very fortunate to have two exceptional comprehensive regional medical centers in Advocate BroMenn and OSF St. Joseph.
The opportunities for economic development in Bloomington, Normal and McLean County seem to be boundless. However, like all midwestern communities, outside economic forces and competition with other communities have made the need for an effective, innovative and successful EDC more important than ever.
To attract highly talented and accomplished candidates to this position, the BNEDC Board has set a starting annual salary range of $180,000 to $200,000 DOQ/E. An outstanding fringe benefit package will also be provided to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting professional opportunity, we would ask you to apply online at www.GovHRJobs.com for the position by submitting a résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by April 19, 2019 to the attention of Mark R. Peterson, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Any questions regarding the position should be directed to Mr. Peterson at 242-282-8311 or at email@example.com . The confidentiality of all applicants will be strictly maintained.